Semco Maritime require an Instrument Technician to join their core crew on the Gryphon.
- Actively support a working environment based on respect for health, safety and environmental issues and maintenance of a high level of asset integrity.
- Participate as a member of the Instrument Supervisor’s team in delivering performance against targets.
- Build effective working relationships with other departments and shifts.
- Maintain emergency shutdown equipment.
- Responsible for completing verification assurance and maintenance routines and maintaining quality records.
- Carry out fault finding and repairs on communications, control and instrument systems, whist observing and complies with safety rules and regulations, including the permit to work system.
- Act as nominated person responsible for small bore tubings and fittings (RTP) as directed.
- Provide a source of technical expertise to operate, fault find and maintain the process control systems, ensuring that all planned maintenance is completed on the equipment for which they are responsible.
- Liaise with the relevant onshore support engineer and vendor reps to ensure that the integrity of software systems is maintained and no unauthorised changes are made.
- Bring defects in practices, equipment, tools to the attention of relevant staff and maintaining accurate and appropriate maintenance records and ensure that the data is entered into the appropriate information management systems.
- Execute duties as specified in the station/bill/emergency response procedures or as directed by the OIM.
- Comply with Company procedures and ensure a full and comprehensive handover detailing all relevant information in accordance with these procedures.
- Commit to Competence Assurance System and undertake any training and assessment required for the role.
- Responsible for the availability and reliability of all computer control systems, telecommunications systems, Fire and Gas systems, Shutdown systems and related instrumentation. This is done in accordance with legislative requirements, company health, safety, environmental, integrity and other relevant standards and company values.
- Decision making ability is in accordance with delegation of authority
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of crew, and areas of environment pertaining to their position.
Qualifications/Experience Required :
- Professional Experience (years): 3
- Experience in similar position (years): minimum 3.
- Level / Diploma: S/NVQ Process Engineering Maintenance (Instrument and Control) Level 3 or equivalent.
- Languages: English
- Training / Certification: Valid COMPEX certification.
- Emerson DeltaV Training.