At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today. As a Structural Transportation Co-op, you will too. You'll impact the world around you by helping us solve real-life challenges. YOU are the future of our company. We’ll rely on you to provide support to our teams on critical projects while fostering a culture of continuous learning and inclusion as you bring fresh ideas to the table.
You’ll work alongside professional engineers and designers, gaining exposure to project coordination, relevant computer-assisted engineering software, data collection and so much more.
Pave the way for your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Boston office of Jacobs seeks Co-op(s) to work in our Structural Transportation/Bridge Group from July 2021 – December 2021, with potential to extend based upon available assignments.
- Employee will perform tasks under supervision of Bridge group staff. Well-defined company standards and procedures will be utilized.
- Work is checked in process and/or upon completion.
- Occasional tasks of a routine and repetitive nature may be required.
- Performance of a variety of duties for the structural department including drafting of construction plans, providing construction phase services (shop drawing and RFI review, meeting minutes), preparing geometric and structural design calculations (primarily secondary “check” sets), assisting in local bridge and tunnel inspections (taking field notes, drafting and editing final reports) and other miscellaneous tasks such as organizing reports, packaging submissions, mailing documents, and making deliveries to local clients.
- Exposure to various software packages including AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe, Bluebeam, and Mathcad. Limited use of structural analysis software depending on class/work experience.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited university through a co-op program, a Civil or Structural Engineering major is required.
- Demonstrated interest in civil transportation projects or structures. Preferably bridge design and inspection.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must work well in a group or team atmosphere.
- Excellent organization and critical thinking/problem solving skills. Must be willing to ask questions and organize thoughts or solutions during tasks.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is required
Primary Location:United States-Massachusetts-Boston-US MA Boston - 120 St. James Avenue
Job Posting:Jan 20, 2021, 9:09:55 PM
Job Classification:Fulltime - Temporary
US MA Boston - 120 St. James Avenue
120 St James Avenue, Suite 500