Customer Service Coordinator
- Verify EDI from customers is applied into SAP properly. Troubleshoot errors and pursue corrective actions. This may require mater data
revision, setting up new schedule agreement, working with help desk, and contacting customer to resolve the errors.
- Develop daily shipping requirements in SAP based on customer releases and PO.
- Monitor the customer scorecard results. Follow customer dispute process which may require one-on-one contact with the customer to
negotiate on Continental’s behalf. Often requires research and gathering supporting documentation.
- Participate in conference calls with the customer representing Continental’s interest in negotiating delivery and shipment arrangements with
the customer. This effort increases when production is behind and unable to meet on-time “Deliveries”.
- Analyze CDP error report and take corrective action to resolve issues impacting CDP from applying to ACCO. This may require contacting the
CDP coordinator to correct a characteristic combination or determining master data that needs to be revised.
- Manage customer container inventory records to maintain accuracy. Resolve shortages and other issues with the customer contact one on one.
- Be the liaison between production teams and customers to provide accurate ship commitments.
- Track Continental consignment inventory. Support financial transactions for accurate reporting.
- Resolve any shipping discrepancies with the customer. Often these involve dealing with the carrier of the freight and customer inventory control
- Track shipments to customers made at Continental expense (premium freight).
- Prepare and present obsolescence claims to customers.
- Attend volume planning reviews. Contact customer to clarify questionable volumes from the meeting.
- Maintain customer systems. Updating contact list, packaging types, carton density, etc.
- Resolve invoice issues for Continental AR department.
1) College degree - bachelors preferred
2) Must have business acumen associated with order management and fulfillment. Production experience is beneficial.
3) Excellent communication skills both written (e¬mail) and verbal.
4) Must be able to work hours (in the plant) required to support customers over the 24X7 schedule. This would include nights, weekends and holidays.
5) Have ability to learn and work effectively with business software (SAP).
6) Microsoft applications - intermediate - Word, Excel, Powerpoint
7) Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment.
8) Walk, Stand, Kneel, Twist, Turn, Bend, and carry up to 28lbs.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. The product range includes electric drives, electronic control units, sensors and actuators, and exhaust-gas aftertreatment solutions. In 2019, Vitesco Technologies, a Continental business area, recorded sales of EUR 7.8 billion and employs almost 40,000 people at around 50 locations worldwide. Vitesco Technologies is headquartered in Regensburg, Germany.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.