Engineering Rugby, Warwickshire
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
To provide sales and technical support to Xylem Commercial Teams, Distributors, Contractors, Consulting Engineers and End Users in respect of Xylem Leopold filtration and clarification products and systems. Prepare high quality, competitively designed and priced, engineered to order proposals to support Xylem’s offering to the customer. Provide support to the Xylem sales teams as necessary with training, co-attendance at customer facing meetings and plant visits etc.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support Xylem CTs (Commercial Teams), local partners and their customers
- Prepare technical and commercial ETO proposals and bid documents (design, costing, quoting) in close collaboration with CTs and local partners to support high win rates and sales margins
- Maintain close collaboration with Xylem Leopold product management, engineering and operation teams to ensure proposals are compliant with Xylem technical standards and project lead-times. Advise all specification deviations where necessary
- Liaise with Xylem technical, commercial and legal teams in respect of performance guarantees, extended warranty provisions or any other particular contractual requirements outside of Xylem’s standard
- Attend site visits and customer meetings/WebEx calls as necessary to support the sales and bidding process
- Carry out site surveys in association with CT/GC (Growth Centre) team members as needed to secure correct and sufficient information for the bid preparation
- Follow up projects with CTs and local partners
- Support and join regular collaboration calls with CTs and local partners
- Ensure trouble free hand-over of orders to the engineering and operation execution teams
- Participate at trade shows, conferences and deliver training sessions as necessary
- Conduct Treatment and Leopold specific onboarding and trainings as necessary
- Support site trouble shooting investigations and testing as necessary
- Prepare proposal drawings using AutoCAD software
- Self-sufficient tracking, follow up and maintenance of Sales & Order forecasting and order risk reporting
- Support and follow DOA (Delegation of Authority), QWB (Quote Workbook) and CBP (Cross Border Policy) procedures (internal and external)
- Support tender reviews
- Identify potential continuous improvement opportunities and drive resulting projects as agreed
- Ensure all work is executed in accordance with Xylem regulations, legal, core values (code of conduct) and health and safety requirements
- Perform any additional duties as requested by line manager, related to the successful execution of the task(s) necessary to properly fulfil the role or support other elements of the business
- Clear balance of customer focus against Xylem business needs
- Results driven character with strong and clear ownership of costs and sales margin
- Desire to embrace and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to work independently when required
- Ability to effectively articulate and define requirements of others and associated timescales
- Ability to provide reasoned and demonstrable sales and technical arguments to secure acceptance, specification and orders for Xylem equipment
- Ability to develop effective working relationships within a multi-discipline, multi-cultural and global business
- External: Contractors, distributors, consulting engineers, end users (technical, project management and operational functions)
- Internal: Leopold GC sales support team, Leopold operations/technical/project management teams, wider GC and CT teams
- Education to degree standard or equivalent in a mechanical, process/chemical or civil engineering discipline
- 4-5 Years’ experience in a water engineering/process related discipline, including regular customer interfacing
- IT literate and competent in using all standard Microsoft Office products
- Valid driving license
- Fluent in English, written and spoken (core company language)
- Ability and availability to travel and support the business (circa 25% average)
- Good understanding of filtration theory and associated technology
- Good understanding of end to end drinking water treatment
- Basic understanding of wastewater treatment systems and technology
- Previous experience of working in a global, multi-cultural business
- Good business and analytical acumen
- Regular pedestrian access around construction sites and treatment plants