Equity Synthetics Middle Office AnalystAs a Barclays Equity Synthetics Middle Office Analyst, you will have the exciting opportunity to provide direct support for the Equity Synthetics Trading desk, which facilitates equity swap executions for clients. The desk trades you will be supporting deals with many types of equity swaps, including Single Stock and Index Swaps, Custom Basket Swaps, and Portfolio Swaps. You’ll also be involved with covering the Canadian and Latin America markets as well as the US markets.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Performing trade validations, reconciliations and other daily controls to ensure all operational risks are mitigated in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring all issues are escalated to Trading and Management
- Serving as the key point of contact for all queries from Trading, Sales, Settlements, Finance, Margin, Compliance, and other areas within the firm
- Ensuring all client operational queries are replied to in a timely manner
- Managing client account static and swap defaults within our swap trade capture system which is an integral aspect of accurate and efficient trade capture
- Identifying operational issues and conducting root cause analysis
- Engaging with our partners in IT and Product to identify tactical and strategic solutions
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- Operational experience within a Financial Services firm
- Knowledge of trade capture / trade event management / settlement processing and exception management for both equity and fixed income products
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience in Trade Support/Middle Office and/or Equity Derivatives
- Thorough understanding of the operational front to back procedures that support your specific function and products
- Excellent client services skills
Where will you be working?You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
More about working at Barclays
Barclays in the USBarclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City, a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey hosting our Technology and Functional Teams, and sites in Nevada and Delaware supporting our contact center operations.
Purpose and ValuesWherever we are in Barclays, whatever we do, we are united and guided by one common purpose: creating opportunities to rise. Because we know that when we help our customers, clients, colleagues and society to rise, Barclays will rise with them.
Our values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship are fundamental to who we are, and they really matter. They have always shaped the way we’ve done things, and they will always shape the way we work and live, now and in the future.
Diversity and InclusionBarclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.