US - Dulles
At Verizon Media, we connect people to their passions. With brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost, we help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. From XR experiences to advertising and content technology, Verizon Media is an incubator of innovation and is revolutionizing the next generation of content creation in a 5G world.
The Business Operations Analyst is a key position within the Portfolio Strategy and Operations (PSO) Team. The PSO team leads Strategic Alignment and Operational Excellence for the Business Organization of Verizon Media, and steers the organization towards customer-obsessed approach; scalable operations; next gen goals alignment, portfolio and program/ project management, and lean governance; developing our talent. The Business Operations Analyst works directly with Business Operations leads and various stakeholders, and supports horizontal business operation functions including global resource management and cost rollups, product taxonomy, and supports vertical functions within the Business team. This role will partner within BOS Insights teams (Business Operations and Strategy) to align on metrics and help drive forecasts and track actuals.
You will be a detail-oriented and analytical thinker, and will also have a proven track record of bringing ideas to life. You must be comfortable influencing and interfacing with various stakeholders at all levels and across functions. You will report into the lead of the Portfolio Strategy and Operations group, will work closely with a team coordinator on executions; and will be based in Dulles, VA. Some travel may be required to meet with key stakeholders, but will be limited.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze, design, and oversee unified and scalable horizontal business resource allocation and support cost expense management efforts
- Work closely with Business Operations functional leads and various leaders across the Business Team to drive implementation of standardized horizontal processes and tools across our vertical functions
- Track and drive consistent and accurate global resource allocation
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, HR, and Finance working closely to drive requisition and recruiting priorities and objectives. Support rollout of our global talent initiative.
- Track and drive Travel and Expense (T&E) management for product and engineering across our Business Team partnering closely with Finance to gather T&E budget and other non-workforce budgets for each functional leader; setup and drive status reporting cadence
- Monitor Capitalization credits across the Business Team
- Monitor expected monthly capitalization targets; work with vertical teams to resolve gaps as needed
- Support annual hardware capitalization planning
- Oversee internal CapEx approval process from requests to CFO approval
- Streamline other horizontal areas like cost centers, product taxonomy, resource allocation tracking and reporting
- Oversees organizational resource allocation process for Business Team and maintains master product taxonomy; responsible for generating reports for various analysis
- Work with PSO team members to rollout and monitor HR compliance activities (mandatory organizational trainings, Glint survey participation, etc)
- Supports additional analysis, reporting, and special projects for the PSO team
- 4-6 years experience working in a global cross-functional organization with aptitude for business and financial analysis; 2+ years in analytical role
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Strong industry knowledge in business operations, especially across functional areas including Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Business Development
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, lean organization
- Curiosity and a desire to constantly innovate, challenge the status quo, and break glass when needed to achieve better outcomes and results
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented skills
- Ability to understand the big picture and drive cost efficiencies horizontally across the organization
- Ability to multi-task working closely with various groups and produce time-sensitive deliverables for various stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task working closely with various groups and make decisions with cost effectiveness mindset
- Financial and capitalization background, highly desired
- Experience using Google Suites (especially pivot functions within Google Spreadsheets), highly desired
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (https://www.verizonmedia.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.