Would you like to see your analysis and strategies make an impact on rapidly changing power markets as part of one of Europe’s leading short-term trading teams? And are you passionate about mathematics, data and the opportunity to optimise trading strategies through analyses? Then you might be the newest talent to join our fast-paced Intraday Trading team.
Join a leading energy trading company
Danske Commodities is an energy trading company that specialises in short-term power and gas trading and offers balancing, optimisation and hedging services to energy producers and suppliers. Every day, we complete more than 8500 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most.
Use your mathematical and analytical skills to impact trading strategies
As our new Junior Trading Analyst, you will help us further optimise our intraday trading strategies through various analyses and robust tools. You are also expected to support our full-time analysts with performance evaluation, data management and maintenance of tools. We imagine that you are enrolled in a relevant university degree within Economics, Finance, Mathematics or similar, and that you are looking for a student job where you can use your interest in data analysis to further develop your skill set and apply your theoretical knowledge in practice. As a person, you are proactive and quality conscious, since your work will require you to be one step ahead.
Join a young team and be ready to make difference
Starting out, we will take good care of you and provide a thorough onboarding. In the beginning, you will work closely with both experienced analysts and traders, and you will get an in-depth introduction to the energy markets as well as the life of a trading analyst. You will be part of a young and passionate team that always challenges itself to be the best! And you will experience a dynamic environment where your analyses will play an important role in daily business operations.
So, if you want to become part of a best-in-class short-term trading team, here’s a great opportunity to turn theory into practice and become our new colleague.
"BECAUSE WE TRADE UP TO 15 MINUTES BEFORE ACTUAL POWER IS DELIVERED, THERE IS AN EXCITING INTENSITY ON THE INTRADAY TRADING FLOOR. WE REALLY GIVE IT OUR ALL AND YOUR ANALYSIS WILL BE IMPORTANT IN ENSURING THAT WE CAN PERFORM OUR VERY BEST!" - PETER THOMSEN, MANAGER, HEAD OF INTRADAY ANALYSIS
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- based on ideas from traders and analysts, you will contribute to testing hypothesis and contribute to developing trading strategies
- support in developing and enhancing our trading strategies
- optimise and maintain intraday trading tools
- ensure correct and relevant reporting of Intraday performance
- various ad hoc analysis tasks to support the team
We expect that you:
- are enrolled in a relevant university level education within Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or similar
- have experience with Excel
- preferably, have experience with a programming language such as R, VBA or Python
- preferably, have experience with Power BI, however not a requirement for applying
- have a good command of English, both written and verbal
- can work app. 20 hours pr. week
We expect that you:
- are a structured, logical thinker and mathematically well-founded – you will work with great amounts of data which require a solid processing and understanding of numbers
- are reliable and quality conscious – you will conduct analyses that are used for decision-making, and therefore it is important to be accurate
- are proactive and not afraid of taking responsibility – you will work on your own projects and analyses, and we expect that you are always looking to optimise processes where possible
- are interested in coding – you will use your programming skills to develop analysis and reports for the Intraday trading team.
- are adaptable and thrive in a dynamic environment - we operate in an ever-changing market, and the ability to quickly adapt to market conditions is essential
JOBSTART & TYPE
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers