Apply now »
Manager, SCADA Engineering
DK, Videbæk | Management | Full-Time | ID: 8684
Are you ready to take the next step in your career, leading a team of highly skilled Plant & SCADA Engineers for a global leader of sustainable energy solutions? Are you a people manager and do you know how to motivate and get the best from your team? Due to continued growth, we are now looking for a Manager of SCADA Engineering to join our team.
Service > Service Operations & Business Dev. > Plant Engineering
Vestas Northern & Central Europe is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, UK, Ireland, Poland, the Baltics, Germany, Benelux as well as Eastern Europe and the south of Africa. We are responsible for the Sales, Project, Construction Installation, Service, aftersales and local options of wind farms throughout these regions. We strive to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, and we aim to make Vestas Northern and Central Europe the best place to work.
In SCADA Engineering & Support we are a team of Engineers and Specialists, promoting ownership, knowledge, and improvements in Plant Solutions systems in SCADA NCE.
As Manager of SCADA Engineering, your primary responsibility will be to lead, motivate and develop a team of 12 Engineers and Specialists, located in Denmark and Germany to make improvements, while networking across our global organisation to ensure readiness, visibility and streamlining of systems and tools. Through a hands-on approach, you will ensure the performance in the department and build a high degree of team-spirit through effective communication, trust, and recognition. Furthermore, your responsibility will include:
- Being a member of the NCE SCADA Management team, and take an active part in our effort to succeed on our strategy
- Deliver operational tasks within expected time window
- Convert strategy into action-oriented objectives for each employee and follow up to ensure targets are met
- Establish and maintain a good and productive relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Transfer new technology from VPS (R&D) into NCE and ensure feedback and global knowledge sharing
- Regularly report to key stakeholders across the organisation
- Report writing and presentations detailing current and planned activity
- Relevant technical education at engineering level combined with experience from a similar position
- Proven leadership skills
- Solid understanding of SCADA systems
- Experience with wind power is preferred, however, compatible industries may include transportation, aerospace, telecommunications, IT, water and waste control
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English, both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an emphatic and delegating leadership style
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Understanding of cultural differences and experience of working in an international environment
What we offerWe offer you an exciting and demanding job with great professional and personal development opportunities. You will have the chance to work in an inspiring, international environment and inside the world's leading company and manufacturer of sustainable energy solutions.
Your primary work location will be Videbæk, Denmark.
Approximately up to 30 days of traveling per year must be expected.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, so please apply online as soon as possible and no later than the 22nd of August 2020.
For additional information on the position, please contact Senior Manager, SCADA Operations NCE, Henrik Assarsson at +46 705856765.
About VestasVestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Apply now »