US, CA, Santa Clara
NVIDIA's invention of the GPU 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing — with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Today, we are increasingly known as “the AI computing company”. We are looking to grow our company and grow with the smartest people in the world.
NVIDIA is hiring a Safety Systems Software Engineer to work in the robotics safety team. You should possess very strong system level understanding of operating systems, toolchains, hypervisors, drivers etc. with emphasis on safety critical embedded environments.
- Adopt and maintain BSPs for multiple hardware architectures.
- Find creative solutions to map common semantics onto diverse target environments.
- Work across multiple teams to fulfill requirements.
- Contribute to foundational services of the robotics safety solution.
- Dedicated and self-motivated, with a passion for developing very safe and secure embedded software
- Strong understanding of operating systems and low-level hardware interaction.
- Good programming skills in C/C++, and familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in BSP maintenance on multiple platforms.
- BS or MS with 3+ years of experience, and strong verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Experience with IEC 65108 or equivalent quality/safety processes
- Experience with QNX and bare-metal applications
- Familiarity with heterogeneous compute architectures on modern SoCs
- Understanding of software security and secure development processes is a major plus.
NVIDIA is leading the way in groundbreaking developments in Artificial Intelligence, High-Performance Computing and Visualization. The GPU, our invention, serves as the visual cortex of modern computers and is at the heart of our products and services. Our work opens up new universes to explore, enables amazing creativity and discovery, and powers what were once science fiction inventions from artificial intelligence to autonomous cars. NVIDIA is an equal opportunity employer and is looking for extraordinary people like you to help us accelerate the next wave of artificial intelligence. NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.