Join us on our journey towards a greener futureAre you looking for a career in a fast-paced environment where you can apply your technical expertise and your people management skills? Are you interested in a career in an international company that offers a green energy solution for the future?
Responsibilities & tasks:The Offshore Service Technicians in MHI Vestas Offshore Wind are working in teams of 2 or 3 on Offshore Wind Farms in the Netherlands, managed daily by the site Supervisor. The task includes routine checks, maintenance of the electrical and mechanical systems, and significant component replacement on our offshore wind turbines. The work schedule will include a weekend callout rotation, depending on the weather. For this site we do not work in rotation, meaning that you go home daily.
- Execute maintenance of electrical and mechanical systems as directed by Supervisor.
- Maintaining and upgrading installation activities
- Carrying out a diversity of check-ups, repairs and replacement activities of turbine components
- Responsible for a frictionless operation of our turbines and use of our systems like Condition Monitoring / Remote Control
- Creating follow-up orders
- Registration of time and material consumption
- Compliance to MHI Vestas’s and client’s procedures, processes, policies and instruction, including Health and Safety.
- Completed electrical or mechanical degree from a technical school/college/university and or completed an apprenticeship
- Professional experience (electrical or mechanical) and preferably offshore and/or with high voltage (preferably gained over a 2 year period)
- Accepted qualifications are: MBO Level 3 or 4, preference for electrotechnics, hydraulics or mechanical engineering
- Computer literacy: good knowledge of MS Office
- Full driving license
- Dutch speaking preferable, or English speaking, further good English skills in reading / writing,
- High level of safety awareness
- Comfortable working offshore and at heights, coping with the respective challenges this brings
- Problem solving skills
- Team player
- You recognize your own limitations and are willing to seek help when needed
What we offer
- Becoming part of an international company, world leader in wind energy
- Challenging job, working with exciting products (wind turbines) and colleagues across countries
- Learning opportunities
- Interesting salary package
Additional informationYou will work on the offshore wind farm, and during onshore days, mainly from our office located at: Breskensstraat 2 – 1976 EX IJmuiden. Important to live at a maximum 50 minute drive from IJmuiden (also for your own safety after a long day of work!)
This position is a permanent full time position working Monday to Friday with weekend call out rotation.
Established in April 2014, MHI Vestas Offshore Wind is a joint venture between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and Vestas Wind Systems A/S. Our vision is to be a leading player in the offshore industry by co-developing offshore wind as a financially viable and sustainable energy source to benefit future generations. An international organisation with +3000 employees and HQ in Aarhus, Denmark, we also have offices in the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Japan, Taiwan & the USA.